Crushed Ecopure Glass Media for Filters
Waterco’s EcoPure glass media at a glance
• Operates using depth filtration
• Save time and water-less backwashing
• Save money on chemical treatment costs
• Less susceptible to bio-fouling
• Removes 30 per cent more pollutants than sand media
• Less dense than sand-require less media to fill the equivalent filter
• Slow degradation, meaning longer media lifespan and less replacement
• Chemically inert for superior purity
• Made from recycled glass
Whereas other filter media may contain a variety of contaminants, Waterco’s Glass filter media is chemically inert for superior purity. In fact, it does not contain any crystalline free silica or heavy metals.
Its high purity also greatly reduces its initial backwashing requirements, prior to commissioning a filter, enabling a rapid start up of media filters.
Raw material is taken directly from household recycling schemes and is 100% recycled glass.
This offers environmental savings when compared with alternative natural resources which would otherwise be used.
It removes more materials and pollutants than sand, saving on backwashing and resultant water, heating and chemical treatment costs.
It is less susceptible to bio-fouling. The heat-treated surfaces are smooth, requiring less remedial action and less chemical treatment to kill pollutants.
It has undergone specialised heat treatment process, which means that its degradation is slower and it therefore has a longer life span.
We have the Waterco Crushed Glass in stock at our outlet store at 211 Stirling Hwy Claremont